Wednesday, July 13, 2011

First Guest Post!

My friend, Amanda, will be sharing with us today about her Wednesday's Woman. I'm so excited to have her write for my first guest post! Amanda is a Titus 2 Woman herself, working with the Acteens at our church. She and her husband, Ben, have been married for three years and have one great baby boy. I hope you enjoy her post as much as I do!

My Wednesday Woman is my kind, self-controlled, and godly Granny. Throughout the past 27 years, my Granny has continually showed me love in various ways. She has looked for opportunities to instruct me and she has helped me to become the woman that I am today and still striving to become.

“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.” Titus 2:3

My Granny took the time to teach what was good to me. Numerous times, my Granny talked with me about the three most important decisions I would make during my life. They were: 1) Surrendering my life to God and allowing Him to be my personal Lord and Savior. 2)The man I chose to marry...a man who desired to live completely for God. 3) The job I chose to have. (Younger ladies....this is so true! I am getting to reap the blessings from these three decisions that I have made!!) My Granny and I went on many walks together and ate many bowls of ice cream together. As I went through different struggles as a child and teenager, my Granny would seize these opportunities that these difficult struggles brought to teach me and help me realize that when I faced similar situations in my future to make decisions that would honor and glorify God.

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ.” Ephesians 4:32

During my senior year of high school, my Granny was mugged as she was entering her home. The man pulled her down the front stairs as he was trying to take her purse. She ended up being in the hospital for four weeks as she recovered from a broken pelvic bone and other minor injuries. Just before the homecoming dance, my friends and I went to the hospital to visit her. Rather than taking this time to complain or have bitterness about the mishap, my Granny told us how she was praying for the man. Wow! I remember the night she got mugged, riding to the hospital, ready to find the man and for him to suffer punishment for what he had done to my Granny. Praying for him was the last thing on my mind! The forgiveness that she showed during this time was an impressing and life changing lesson on my heart.

“...It is more blessed to give than receive.” Acts 20:35

My Granny has a very generous heart and is willing to give whatever she may have that she thinks you will need. If I drive her somewhere, she tries to give me gas money. If she comes over to our house, she will bring a roll of paper towels or a can of vegetables. She is very selfless.

Granny, for these reasons and more, you are my Wednesday’s Woman!

Thank you, Amanda, for sharing with us today! For everyone, there's more guest posts coming in a few weeks! If you'd like to share, just let me know!

No comments: